Having nonslip floors is no longer optional. Slippery floors are a liability that business owners can no longer ignore. Protect your business from liability and lower your insurance premiums while increasing your revenue and productivity! Contact us today for a free quote!
Here are statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- One out of five falls causes a serious injury such as broken bones or a head injury,4,5
- Each year, 3 million older people are treated in emergency departments for fall injuries.6
- Over 800,000 patients a year are hospitalized because of a fall injury, most often because of a head injury or hip fracture.6
- Each year at least 300,000 older people are hospitalized for hip fractures.7
- More than 95% of hip fractures are caused by falling,8 usually by falling sideways.9
- Falls are the most common cause of traumatic brain injuries (TBI).10
- In 2015, the total medical costs for falls totaled more than $50 billion.11 Medicare and Medicaid shouldered 75% of these costs.